The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) recently announced grants to support artists and organizations’ projects throughout 2017. A total of $309,500 has been distributed between three granting programs: the NALAC Fund for the Arts (NFA), Transnational Cultural Remittances (TCR) and Diverse Art Spaces (DAS). Each recipient was selected through a peer-review process. Below are the Texas-based grantees.
NALAC Fund for the Arts Master Artist Grant
Adriana Yvette Monsalve, Laredo, TX
NALAC Fund for the Arts San Antonio Artist Grant
Mari Hernandez, San Antonio, TX
Marisela Barrera, San Antonio, TX
Pablo Miguel Martínez, San Antonio, TX
Raul Gonzalez, San Antonio, TX
Sarah Castillo, San Antonio, TX
Congratulations to all grantees!
also by Glasstire
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017
- Austin's Blanton Museum Launches Music Residency Program - July 16th, 2017
- Hobby Lobby Pays $3 Million Fine & Forfeits Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq - July 15th, 2017