The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) recently announced grants to support artists and organizations’ projects throughout 2017. A total of $309,500 has been distributed between three granting programs: the NALAC Fund for the Arts (NFA), Transnational Cultural Remittances (TCR) and Diverse Art Spaces (DAS). Each recipient was selected through a peer-review process. Below are the Texas-based grantees.
NALAC Fund for the Arts Master Artist Grant
Adriana Yvette Monsalve, Laredo, TX
NALAC Fund for the Arts San Antonio Artist Grant
Mari Hernandez, San Antonio, TX
Marisela Barrera, San Antonio, TX
Pablo Miguel Martínez, San Antonio, TX
Raul Gonzalez, San Antonio, TX
Sarah Castillo, San Antonio, TX
Congratulations to all grantees!
also by Glasstire
- Dallas Contemporary's Playboy Bunny is Outta Here - March 28th, 2017
- Who owns the better gimp mask? Nasher or DMA? - March 27th, 2017
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017