Most Houstonians have seen Midtown’s “biggest mural in Houston,” Preservons la Creation by French-American artist Sebastien “Mr. D” Boileau. A riff on Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling fresco, God is shown with a can of spray paint and is meant to further “the discussion of conservation and preservation.”
But temporarily, God is not shown creating the first man on earth, nor is he depicted capturing the transitory nature of graffiti art. For the time being, he’s just catching an awesome pass in honor of the Super Bowl.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017
- Texas State Artists Selected for 2018 - May 18th, 2017