Most Houstonians have seen Midtown’s “biggest mural in Houston,” Preservons la Creation by French-American artist Sebastien “Mr. D” Boileau. A riff on Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling fresco, God is shown with a can of spray paint and is meant to further “the discussion of conservation and preservation.”
But temporarily, God is not shown creating the first man on earth, nor is he depicted capturing the transitory nature of graffiti art. For the time being, he’s just catching an awesome pass in honor of the Super Bowl.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017