Most Houstonians have seen Midtown’s “biggest mural in Houston,” Preservons la Creation by French-American artist Sebastien “Mr. D” Boileau. A riff on Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling fresco, God is shown with a can of spray paint and is meant to further “the discussion of conservation and preservation.”
But temporarily, God is not shown creating the first man on earth, nor is he depicted capturing the transitory nature of graffiti art. For the time being, he’s just catching an awesome pass in honor of the Super Bowl.
also by Paula Newton
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017
- Nerd Alert: Art Plus Science is the New Big Thing! - February 13th, 2017