A few days ago, the Whitney Museum announced its list of 63 artists, duos, and collectives that will be exhibiting in the 2017 Whitney Biennial. The 2017 edition of the show is the museum’s first biennial in its new location, and the 78th annual/Biennial exhibition to date.
The exhibition is co-curated by Christopher Y. Lew of the Whitney Museum of American Art, and former MoMA PS1 curator Mia Locks. Among the 63 artists represented, a few have had (or currently have) a presence in Texas:
Harold Mendez was a 2013–2015 Core fellow at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and has work on view in Project Row House’s current exhibition Round 45: Local Impact.
Pope.L was included in Valerie Cassel Oliver’s 2012 exhibition Radical Presence: Black Performance in Contemporary Art at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston.
New Mexico-based artist Puppies Puppies, (b. Dallas) has shown with Kevin Rubén Jacobs’ more than once, including KRJ’s project PUSHKIN & GOGOL at Art City Austin Art Fair this past spring.
For a list of all participating artists, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017