A few days ago, the Whitney Museum announced its list of 63 artists, duos, and collectives that will be exhibiting in the 2017 Whitney Biennial. The 2017 edition of the show is the museum’s first biennial in its new location, and the 78th annual/Biennial exhibition to date.
The exhibition is co-curated by Christopher Y. Lew of the Whitney Museum of American Art, and former MoMA PS1 curator Mia Locks. Among the 63 artists represented, a few have had (or currently have) a presence in Texas:
Harold Mendez was a 2013–2015 Core fellow at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and has work on view in Project Row House’s current exhibition Round 45: Local Impact.
Pope.L was included in Valerie Cassel Oliver’s 2012 exhibition Radical Presence: Black Performance in Contemporary Art at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston.
New Mexico-based artist Puppies Puppies, (b. Dallas) has shown with Kevin Rubén Jacobs’ more than once, including KRJ’s project PUSHKIN & GOGOL at Art City Austin Art Fair this past spring.
For a list of all participating artists, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Help Set World Record For Most People Dressed Like Frida Kahlo - June 24th, 2017
- Proof: Arts Organizations are Crucial to the US Economy - June 23rd, 2017
- This and That: Lisa Shoyer / Magdalena Fernández - June 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: June 22, 2017 - June 22nd, 2017
- Quiz: Thomas Struth or NYT? - June 21st, 2017