The Houston Urban Experience (HUE) Mural Festival, presented by Houston First, is happening again from Saturday, October 15 to Saturday, October 22. Over 100 artists from around the world, including Puerto Rico, Iran, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Spain.
The artists will have approximately 190 hours to create their designs using various forms of tools, techniques and styles of mural art including graffiti, muralism, paint brush work, airbrush, roller brush, wheat paste and stencil. Nearly 90 percent of the murals created in the event’s inaugural 2015 year will remain, and new murals will cover an additional 20,000 square feet of wall space within roughly the same footprint (Houston’s EADO, East End, and Northside areas of Downtown).
Self-guided tours are, of course, free, but for $40, you can take a guided tour led by local artist GONZO247 and one of the guest artists. Mayor Turner will kick off the opening ceremony on Saturday, October 15 at 11am.
also by Paula Newton
- Study Reveals That Museums Show More Contemporary Art Than Ever - March 30th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Learn How to Get Money, or Put Your 2¢ In - March 29th, 2017
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017