Founded in 2014 in Austin, the Weird Homes Tour is now coming to Houston and, of course, most participants are weirdos (artists and collectors). Yesterday, the Houston Chronicle posted an article about the tour, its founders, and featured the home of artist and gallery owner Wayne Gilbert.
The tour will be October 8th from 10am-6pm and the VIP party from 6pm-9pm. Regular tickets are $25.00. VIP tickets are $45.00 and include two extra houses and the VIP party. The Weird Homes Tour Houston will also be donating some of the profits to Avenue CDC, who fight for affordable housing in Houston.
also by Paula Newton
- I Never Liked Art: Vito Acconci, 1940-2017 - April 29th, 2017
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017