We all know about the plethora of galleries, museums, and art spaces populating Dallas. You may not, however, know that Dallas is home to NorthPark Center, a shopping mall that doubles as a venue showcasing 20th and 21st century art. Via their website:
NorthPark Center’s internationally acclaimed 20th and 21st century art collection turns shopping into a world-class cultural experience. Making museum-quality art available for everyday enjoyment is a NorthPark tradition that adds a unique element to the atmosphere of this community gathering place. More than 26 million people a year have the opportunity to experience this fascinating and significant art – more than attend most major art museums worldwide.
The NorthPark Center art collection features major works by renowned artists including Andy Warhol, Frank Stella, Joel Shapiro, Jim Dine, Jonathan Borofsky, James Rosenquist, Antony Gormley, Barry Flanagan and Beverly Pepper, among others.
Here are a two great pieces currently on view:
also by Glasstire
- Project Your Work Outdoors at 'Bring Your Own Beamer' in Dallas - September 23rd, 2017
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017
- Top Five: September 21, 2017 with Lucia Simek - September 21st, 2017