We all know about the plethora of galleries, museums, and art spaces populating Dallas. You may not, however, know that Dallas is home to NorthPark Center, a shopping mall that doubles as a venue showcasing 20th and 21st century art. Via their website:
NorthPark Center’s internationally acclaimed 20th and 21st century art collection turns shopping into a world-class cultural experience. Making museum-quality art available for everyday enjoyment is a NorthPark tradition that adds a unique element to the atmosphere of this community gathering place. More than 26 million people a year have the opportunity to experience this fascinating and significant art – more than attend most major art museums worldwide.
The NorthPark Center art collection features major works by renowned artists including Andy Warhol, Frank Stella, Joel Shapiro, Jim Dine, Jonathan Borofsky, James Rosenquist, Antony Gormley, Barry Flanagan and Beverly Pepper, among others.
Here are a two great pieces currently on view:
also by Glasstire
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017
- Pump Project: The Latest Casualty of Austin's East Side Boom - November 18th, 2017