We all know about the plethora of galleries, museums, and art spaces populating Dallas. You may not, however, know that Dallas is home to NorthPark Center, a shopping mall that doubles as a venue showcasing 20th and 21st century art. Via their website:
NorthPark Center’s internationally acclaimed 20th and 21st century art collection turns shopping into a world-class cultural experience. Making museum-quality art available for everyday enjoyment is a NorthPark tradition that adds a unique element to the atmosphere of this community gathering place. More than 26 million people a year have the opportunity to experience this fascinating and significant art – more than attend most major art museums worldwide.
The NorthPark Center art collection features major works by renowned artists including Andy Warhol, Frank Stella, Joel Shapiro, Jim Dine, Jonathan Borofsky, James Rosenquist, Antony Gormley, Barry Flanagan and Beverly Pepper, among others.
Here are a two great pieces currently on view:
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017