We all know about the plethora of galleries, museums, and art spaces populating Dallas. You may not, however, know that Dallas is home to NorthPark Center, a shopping mall that doubles as a venue showcasing 20th and 21st century art. Via their website:
NorthPark Center’s internationally acclaimed 20th and 21st century art collection turns shopping into a world-class cultural experience. Making museum-quality art available for everyday enjoyment is a NorthPark tradition that adds a unique element to the atmosphere of this community gathering place. More than 26 million people a year have the opportunity to experience this fascinating and significant art – more than attend most major art museums worldwide.
The NorthPark Center art collection features major works by renowned artists including Andy Warhol, Frank Stella, Joel Shapiro, Jim Dine, Jonathan Borofsky, James Rosenquist, Antony Gormley, Barry Flanagan and Beverly Pepper, among others.
Here are a two great pieces currently on view:
also by Glasstire
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017