Some artists make serious money at art and craft fairs. For those who want to learn how to get in on the scene, Houston’s Fresh Arts is holding a workshop with the inside scoop. It’s called “Selling Local: A new workshop about winning at fine art + craft fairs,” with Pop Shop America founder, Brittany Bly.
Deadlines are soon approaching for fall and winter events such as the Winter Holiday Art Market (WHAM), Pop Shop America, First Saturday Arts Market, The Market at Sawyer Yards, and the Bayou City Arts Festival, all of which will be discussed. If you think that you might want to break in to the art fair landscape, register for the workshop here. It takes place at Winter Street Studios 2nd Floor Gallery on Tuesday, August 23, from 6:30pm-8:30pm, with check-in and networking starting at 6pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017