Some artists make serious money at art and craft fairs. For those who want to learn how to get in on the scene, Houston’s Fresh Arts is holding a workshop with the inside scoop. It’s called “Selling Local: A new workshop about winning at fine art + craft fairs,” with Pop Shop America founder, Brittany Bly.
Deadlines are soon approaching for fall and winter events such as the Winter Holiday Art Market (WHAM), Pop Shop America, First Saturday Arts Market, The Market at Sawyer Yards, and the Bayou City Arts Festival, all of which will be discussed. If you think that you might want to break in to the art fair landscape, register for the workshop here. It takes place at Winter Street Studios 2nd Floor Gallery on Tuesday, August 23, from 6:30pm-8:30pm, with check-in and networking starting at 6pm.
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016