For the past year, the website Conflict of Interest has been covering the visual art and literary happenings of Austin. The site is cleverly named for the all-too-real fact that, to make a living, creatives often have to piece together multiple affiliations and jobs, ones that often overlap with their personal relationships, creating the tangled web we know as “the art world.” At the helm of the publication are Pump Project Gallery Director (and visual artist) Rebecca Marino and Tiny Park co-founder Thao Votang.
To celebrate its one-year anniversary, Conflict of Interest is creating a book comprised of content from the site published between May 2015 and April 2016. Included in the book will be reading lists (this one compiled by Robert Boyd), art reviews, short stories, and more.
To preorder your copy, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017