The artists on the not-so-short list for the Hunting Art Prize have been waiting since mid-February for the evening awards gala this weekend, when the winner was announced. The annual Texas-wide contemporary art competition awards $50,000 to a single artist for a single painting or drawing. Houston artist Padaric Kolander was named the 2016 prizewinner for his drawing, You Step In.
Kolander has been a finalist of the competition for the last three consecutive years. “Having been a finalist for the last few years makes this moment all the more rewarding,” said Kolander. “It’s a true privilege to be selected from such a remarkably talented group of artists.”
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017