According to the Artadia Houston 2015 timeline, applications were due October 15 and Houston awardees will be announced at the end of November. But ARTnews reports that the jurors have already whittled it down to the ten finalists. Following a panel review of 225 applicants, here is the list:
El Franco Lee II
Stephanie Saint Sanchez
For the initial panel round, jurors included Claudia Schmuckli, director and chief curator at the Blaffer Art Museum, and Rujeko Hockley, assistant curator of contemporary art at the Brooklyn Museum. Schmuckli together with Lanka Tattersall, assistant curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles, will have studio visits with these finalists and the awardee(s) of up to $20,000 in unrestricted funds will be announced at the end of November.
Congratulations and good luck to all!
also by Paula Newton
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017