This week, Rainey Knudson and Christina Rees tackle ocean trenches, CHAOS, and an exhibition they know nothing about.
1. Seditious Industrial Complex™ Licensing Office
Sala Diaz (San Antonio)
July 31 – August 30, 2015
Opens July 31, 6–9 pm
An exhibition by the Seditious Industrial Complex (SIC), a multinational entity specializing in the methodical organization and repackaging of complex seditions into bite-size chunks. Their licensing experts will be offering intensive presentations on July 31st and August 7th (6-9PM). “If you’ve made a decision…can you really afford not to have intellectual property law on your side?
2. Whispering Bayou
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
July 31 – November 1, 2015
Opens July 31, 6:30–9 pm
An multi-media installation reflecting Houston through an ever-evolving, interactive assemblage of audiovisual impressions. The show is a collaboration of Houston filmmaker and community activist Carroll Parrott Blue, French composer and multimedia artist Jean-Baptiste Barrière, and New York composer and computer interactive artist George Lewis, along with a number of local contributors.
3. CHAOS!!! 2015
Ro2 Art Downtown (Dallas)
August 1 – September 12, 2015
Opens August 1, 7–10 pm
A group exhibition featuring small works by over 100 artists.
4. Daniel Johnston & Jeff F. Wheeler: On Their Way to Heaven or Hell
Redbud Gallery (Houston)
August 1 – 30, 2015
Opens August 1, 6–9 pm
An exhibition of individual drawings and recent collaborations between two iconic Texas artists, Daniel Johnston and Jeff F. Wheeler.
5. Shawn Camp: Aphotic Zone
Northern-Southern LLC (Austin)
July 31 – September 5, 2015
Opens July 31, 6:30–10 pm
An exhibition of artist Shawn Camp’s backlit paintings in a black gallery with light cycling from dim to total darkness. The title refers to the depth of the ocean at which sunlight is no longer visible.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017