Christina and Rainey are heavy on the sci-fi and naked ladies this week. Here’s the list:
1. Feature: Marjorie Schwarz
May 7 – 31, 2015
Opening: May 7 | 6–8 pm
The Goss-Michael Foundation, Dallas
New paintings by Dallas-based artist Marjorie Schwarz.
2. Bobby Scheidemann: Together at Sunset
May 8 – 23, 2015
Opening: May 8, 2015 | 7–9 pm
An exhibition photographic works–ranging from portraits to sculptural interactions–by Austin-based Bobby Scheidemann created while taking walks along Interstate 35 during rush hour.
3. 5th Annual CineMarfa Film Festival
May 7 – 10, 2015
Crowley Theater, Marfa
The annual CineMarfa festival emphasizes experiments and intersections in cinema, this year with a focus on science fiction and outer space. Full schedule HERE
4. Liz Rodda: Total Body
May 8 – June 13, 2015
Opening: May 8, 2015 | 6–8:30 pm
Lawndale Art Center, Houston
An exhibition of work by artist Liz Rodda incorporating a sea of collected video clips from TV, music videos, and vlogs, with spoken text by Roman philosopher and poet Lucretius.
5. Justyna Gorowska: FWJG
Through May 8, 2015
An exhibition by Polish performance artist Justyna Gorowska–her first international exhibition. The artist reorients our fascination with the late Francesca Woodman’s sensibilities, using Gilles Deleuze’s concept of desire as a catalyst.
Go see some art.
also by Glasstire
- Video: Top Ten Artists in Texas! - October 25th, 2016
- Pay Me the Clown for Glasstire - October 25th, 2016
- Leslie Moody Castro for Glasstire - October 25th, 2016
- Chris Castillo for Glasstire - October 25th, 2016
- Cruz Ortiz Selected to Create Art for Clinton Campaign - October 24th, 2016