The Fort Worth Art Dealers Association (FWADA) is preparing for its annual Spring Gallery Night set for Saturday, March 28; this year the 20 host galleries and non-profits will be joined by 13 “Friends of FWADA” venues and nine restaurants as showplaces for artwork.
Like many organized gallery walks in other cities, this one is city-wide (it actually extends to Haltom City, Bedford, and Arlington) and all the venues are open until at least 9 p.m. to host the wandering crowds. Usual suspects include the major museums in the Cultural District, TCU’s two galleries, and stalwarts like William Campbell Contemporary Art and Artspace 111. The Fort Worth Art Collective will have a pop-up for the third consecutive year; the Botanical Research Institute of Texas is participating this year as is the AIA FW Center for Architecture. The event is free (generally speaking) and open to all comers. For more info and a download of this year’s program and map, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017