PrintAustin, a non-profit outfit dedicated to raising awareness of Austin’s impressive status as a hotbed of printmaking, begins its third annual month-long showcase of prints. Beginning January 15 and hosted by a number of studios, institutions and galleries across the city, think of this as a kind of burgeoning SXSW of printmaking.
As of this writing there are 31 spaces signed up to host exhibitions, demos, and events centered on prints and printmaking, including the Harry Ransom Center, Big Medium, the Blanton, and of course Flatbed. In conjunction with the month-long showcase, on Saturday, February 7, PrintAustin is launching its first PrintExpo, held outdoors at Canopy, where local prints will be for sale; it’ll also include a juried print exhibition and other crowd-pleasing, print-tastic shenanigans.
For more info on all of the above, go to PrintAustin’s website and click around.
also by Christina Rees
- Buster Graybill at the Southwest School of Art - October 17th, 2017
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017