The folks at Houston’s galleryHOMELAND are gearing up for the opening(s) of their revamped space in the East End (2327 Commerce Street). They’ve brought in a new board and expanded their mission to include more ambitious programming, such as “an international artist residency, monthly performance events, a national and international lecture series, and ongoing programming engaging the audiences of our culturally rich communities and regions.”
galleryHOMELAND will reopen with two receptions: one on Wednesday, September 3, 6-9pm, and another on Friday, September 5, 8-11pm; one is pre-Texas Contemporary art fair shenanigans and the other is right in the midst of it. The opening exhibition, Urban Tactics, will feature Houston artists Daniel Bertalot, Jed Foronda, and John Forse.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015