Well, this is cool. In an ongoing effort by the city to boost its green image, Houston’s recycling trucks are being makeover into mobile (and functional) works of art through a collaborative initiative between Houston Arts Alliance and the Solid Waste Management Department.
Yesterday morning, the first trucks to get the vinyl art-wrap treatment were unveiled in Hermann Park. Writes CultureMap Houston: “The six new Art Recycling Trucks, which will travel their regular routes, are designed by local artists selected by a panel of professional Houston artists from an open call of applicants.”
The slideshow on CultureMap features trucks sporting some visually satisfying and bold graphics by artists Pablo Gimenez-Zapiola, Aaron Munoz, Kia Neill, Troy Stanley, and Arianne Roesch. More art-wrapped trucks are slated for the future.
(image by Barbara Kuntz for CultureMap Houston)
also by Christina Rees
- A Short Meditation On Louis C.K. - February 9th, 2016
- One is a Magic Number - February 3rd, 2016
- We're All In This Together, Naked - January 26th, 2016
- Valhalla Rising: The Dallas Contemporary's Redemptive Moment - January 19th, 2016
- Heads Up: Celia Eberle Has a Show Up Right Now - January 15th, 2016