Well, this is cool. In an ongoing effort by the city to boost its green image, Houston’s recycling trucks are being makeover into mobile (and functional) works of art through a collaborative initiative between Houston Arts Alliance and the Solid Waste Management Department.
Yesterday morning, the first trucks to get the vinyl art-wrap treatment were unveiled in Hermann Park. Writes CultureMap Houston: “The six new Art Recycling Trucks, which will travel their regular routes, are designed by local artists selected by a panel of professional Houston artists from an open call of applicants.”
The slideshow on CultureMap features trucks sporting some visually satisfying and bold graphics by artists Pablo Gimenez-Zapiola, Aaron Munoz, Kia Neill, Troy Stanley, and Arianne Roesch. More art-wrapped trucks are slated for the future.
(image by Barbara Kuntz for CultureMap Houston)
also by Christina Rees
- All the world's a snuff film - July 17th, 2016
- Rockin' and a rollin': NO MORE KINGS! Happy 4th. - July 4th, 2016
- Sure, It's Summer. But Now Is Not The Time To Relax. - June 30th, 2016
- Surrounded by Sharks in Virtual Reality - June 22nd, 2016
- Reading now: Alain de Botton's "The Course of Love" - June 20th, 2016