Well, this is cool. In an ongoing effort by the city to boost its green image, Houston’s recycling trucks are being makeover into mobile (and functional) works of art through a collaborative initiative between Houston Arts Alliance and the Solid Waste Management Department.
Yesterday morning, the first trucks to get the vinyl art-wrap treatment were unveiled in Hermann Park. Writes CultureMap Houston: “The six new Art Recycling Trucks, which will travel their regular routes, are designed by local artists selected by a panel of professional Houston artists from an open call of applicants.”
The slideshow on CultureMap features trucks sporting some visually satisfying and bold graphics by artists Pablo Gimenez-Zapiola, Aaron Munoz, Kia Neill, Troy Stanley, and Arianne Roesch. More art-wrapped trucks are slated for the future.
(image by Barbara Kuntz for CultureMap Houston)
also by Christina Rees
- Memorial Day. - May 30th, 2016
- Unbridled Love for the Crow Collection's Foo Dogs Since I was a Kid and They Were at the Anatole - May 27th, 2016
- Video: Minor Turkish Threat - May 25th, 2016
- I met this gorgeous cool dude today. - May 24th, 2016
- Jules Buck Jones Designed the Poster for ACL 2016 - May 24th, 2016