The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017