The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017
- Texas State Artists Selected for 2018 - May 18th, 2017