The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016