The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- Art School Musician: Terry Allen - February 10th, 2016
- PDNB Moving Again: Developers to Follow - February 9th, 2016
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016