The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017