The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015