The Contemporary Austin is now accepting applications for its Advanced Young Artists Program (AYA), in which Austin-area high school students are paired up with artist-mentors. Starting in mid-January, each teen meets weekly in the artist’s studio to plan, prepare, and realize collaborative works, which will culminate with a summer group exhibition.
To download a pretty impressive previous catalogue, view the program’s promo video, or fill out an application, visit the museum’s web page. Artist/mentor applications are due November 1 and teen artist applications are due October 30. So, if you know a high school studenst who would be great for the AYA program, give them a nudge, because In teen-deadline time, that’s months away.
also by Paula Newton
- In the Hill Country: Good Old Fashioned Plein Air Painting - October 12th, 2015
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015