Robert Hodge, and Phillip Pyle II will be taking part in the final performance of the Coming Through the Gap in the Mountain on an Elephant exhibition at the University Museum at Texas Southern University. The performance will take place today from noon to 1pm, but it’s described as “ongoing throughout the hour,” so that viewers can wander through at any point during that time. Exhibition curator Robert Pruitt promises it to be “a really strange performance!”
A few hours later, at 4:30 pm, the artists will be at the Beauty Box, an outdoor installation of a living room/event space in Houston’s Third Ward created by Hodge and Pyle. Hodge will be accepting the inaugural “Gimmie the Loot” grant from Houston Open Studio Tours.
also by Paula Newton
- Arts Donors: What’s in a Name? - May 29th, 2017
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017