Robert Hodge, and Phillip Pyle II will be taking part in the final performance of the Coming Through the Gap in the Mountain on an Elephant exhibition at the University Museum at Texas Southern University. The performance will take place today from noon to 1pm, but it’s described as “ongoing throughout the hour,” so that viewers can wander through at any point during that time. Exhibition curator Robert Pruitt promises it to be “a really strange performance!”
A few hours later, at 4:30 pm, the artists will be at the Beauty Box, an outdoor installation of a living room/event space in Houston’s Third Ward created by Hodge and Pyle. Hodge will be accepting the inaugural “Gimmie the Loot” grant from Houston Open Studio Tours.
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016