Robert Hodge, and Phillip Pyle II will be taking part in the final performance of the Coming Through the Gap in the Mountain on an Elephant exhibition at the University Museum at Texas Southern University. The performance will take place today from noon to 1pm, but it’s described as “ongoing throughout the hour,” so that viewers can wander through at any point during that time. Exhibition curator Robert Pruitt promises it to be “a really strange performance!”
A few hours later, at 4:30 pm, the artists will be at the Beauty Box, an outdoor installation of a living room/event space in Houston’s Third Ward created by Hodge and Pyle. Hodge will be accepting the inaugural “Gimmie the Loot” grant from Houston Open Studio Tours.
also by Paula Newton
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015
- A Public Memorial and Tribute to Jesús Moroles - October 1st, 2015
- First it was Bernie Sanders, Now it’s Art League Houston! - September 30th, 2015
- Newcomers Make Up Almost All of the ArtPrize Shortlist and One is a Houston Artist! - September 29th, 2015
- It’s That Butter Sculpture Time of Year! - September 28th, 2015