Robert Hodge, and Phillip Pyle II will be taking part in the final performance of the Coming Through the Gap in the Mountain on an Elephant exhibition at the University Museum at Texas Southern University. The performance will take place today from noon to 1pm, but it’s described as “ongoing throughout the hour,” so that viewers can wander through at any point during that time. Exhibition curator Robert Pruitt promises it to be “a really strange performance!”
A few hours later, at 4:30 pm, the artists will be at the Beauty Box, an outdoor installation of a living room/event space in Houston’s Third Ward created by Hodge and Pyle. Hodge will be accepting the inaugural “Gimmie the Loot” grant from Houston Open Studio Tours.
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016