Four art students from the University of North Texas, with help from a few mural artists from an Oak Cliff design firm and a few Dallas artists, have broken the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest make-up painting. The finished artwork measured 56.5 square meters, “besting the minimum of 51 square meters,” according to the Heraldonline.com. It is unclear whether the 51 meters is a previous record, or a minimum set by the Guinness people to be considered for this (possibly brand-new) category.
Created in celebration of Mary Kay, Inc.’s 50th anniversary, the mural took the ten artists about 1,000 hours over 16 days to complete. It seems these artists have thrown down the gauntlet in the make-up painting arena. The 8’ x 76’ painting may seem like an achievable challenge, except for the fact that make-up is much more expensive than expensive art supplies.
also by Paula Newton
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016