Four art students from the University of North Texas, with help from a few mural artists from an Oak Cliff design firm and a few Dallas artists, have broken the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest make-up painting. The finished artwork measured 56.5 square meters, “besting the minimum of 51 square meters,” according to the Heraldonline.com. It is unclear whether the 51 meters is a previous record, or a minimum set by the Guinness people to be considered for this (possibly brand-new) category.
Created in celebration of Mary Kay, Inc.’s 50th anniversary, the mural took the ten artists about 1,000 hours over 16 days to complete. It seems these artists have thrown down the gauntlet in the make-up painting arena. The 8’ x 76’ painting may seem like an achievable challenge, except for the fact that make-up is much more expensive than expensive art supplies.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016
- Rienzi’s Founding Director to Retire - February 1st, 2016