Four art students from the University of North Texas, with help from a few mural artists from an Oak Cliff design firm and a few Dallas artists, have broken the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest make-up painting. The finished artwork measured 56.5 square meters, “besting the minimum of 51 square meters,” according to the Heraldonline.com. It is unclear whether the 51 meters is a previous record, or a minimum set by the Guinness people to be considered for this (possibly brand-new) category.
Created in celebration of Mary Kay, Inc.’s 50th anniversary, the mural took the ten artists about 1,000 hours over 16 days to complete. It seems these artists have thrown down the gauntlet in the make-up painting arena. The 8’ x 76’ painting may seem like an achievable challenge, except for the fact that make-up is much more expensive than expensive art supplies.
also by Paula Newton
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Art About Anxiety, Stress, and Neuroses - November 30th, 2015
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015