For many who visited Riley Holloway’s recent exhibition at Dallas’ Fairmont Hotel Gallery, it was the first they had heard of the Fairmont’s artist-in-residence program, although it was established in 2010. For artists who want to get in on the gig (“luxurious accommodations, complimentary parking, studio space and access to the employee café,” and that pool!), it’s open to local, regional, and national artists. The Fairmont is now accepting applications for the October-December residency, due August 31.
also by Paula Newton
- Do Good Fences Make Good Photos? - December 1st, 2015
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Art About Anxiety, Stress, and Neuroses - November 30th, 2015
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015