For many who visited Riley Holloway’s recent exhibition at Dallas’ Fairmont Hotel Gallery, it was the first they had heard of the Fairmont’s artist-in-residence program, although it was established in 2010. For artists who want to get in on the gig (“luxurious accommodations, complimentary parking, studio space and access to the employee café,” and that pool!), it’s open to local, regional, and national artists. The Fairmont is now accepting applications for the October-December residency, due August 31.
also by Paula Newton
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016