For many who visited Riley Holloway’s recent exhibition at Dallas’ Fairmont Hotel Gallery, it was the first they had heard of the Fairmont’s artist-in-residence program, although it was established in 2010. For artists who want to get in on the gig (“luxurious accommodations, complimentary parking, studio space and access to the employee café,” and that pool!), it’s open to local, regional, and national artists. The Fairmont is now accepting applications for the October-December residency, due August 31.
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016