For many who visited Riley Holloway’s recent exhibition at Dallas’ Fairmont Hotel Gallery, it was the first they had heard of the Fairmont’s artist-in-residence program, although it was established in 2010. For artists who want to get in on the gig (“luxurious accommodations, complimentary parking, studio space and access to the employee café,” and that pool!), it’s open to local, regional, and national artists. The Fairmont is now accepting applications for the October-December residency, due August 31.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017