According to the Texas Biennial’s Facebook page, they will begin previewing selected artists throughout the day, via Facebook and Twitter. They plan to release the full list on Wednesday, so stay tuned!
Celebrating its fifth anniversary, the open call for art remains the central feature of the Texas Biennial. The curated exhibition will take place September 5–November 9, 2013 at Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum in San Antonio, with selected performance works to be presented in Dallas, a commissioned artist project in Marfa, and (opening in late August in Houston) an exhibition of current work by selected past Biennial artists.
To all entrants: good work and good luck!
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017