According to the Texas Biennial’s Facebook page, they will begin previewing selected artists throughout the day, via Facebook and Twitter. They plan to release the full list on Wednesday, so stay tuned!
Celebrating its fifth anniversary, the open call for art remains the central feature of the Texas Biennial. The curated exhibition will take place September 5–November 9, 2013 at Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum in San Antonio, with selected performance works to be presented in Dallas, a commissioned artist project in Marfa, and (opening in late August in Houston) an exhibition of current work by selected past Biennial artists.
To all entrants: good work and good luck!
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017