The Center for Curatorial Leadership has chosen 11 fellows for 2013; among them are Emily Neff Curator of American Painting and Sculpture The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and Andrea Grover, co-founder of Aurora Picture Show, now Curator of special Project sat the Parrish Art Museum on Long Island. The fellowships offer a combination of rigorous management lessons taught by expert faculty from Columbia Business School and convenings with leaders in arts, culture, and government, and “aims to train curators to assume leadership positions in museums,” sort of a museum-director-in-training program with a strong track record for picking winners.
Especially from Texas: MFAH Director Gary Tinterow (2008), CAMH Curator Paola Morsiani (2008), now Director of the Neuberger Museum of Art at Purchase College in New York, CAMH Curator Valerie Cassel Oliver (2009), former Menil Curator Kristina van Dyke (2010), now Director of the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts in St. Louis, and Olivier Meslay at the Dallas Museum of Art (2011), are all former CCL Fellows.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015