Philanthropists in beaded gowns filled the Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s art deco themed halls for the 2012 Grand Gala Ball, chaired once again by Cornelia Long, chairman of the MFAH’s Board of Trustees, who last chaired the event fifty years ago in 1962. The Houston Chronicle’s Molly Glentzer reports on the gowns, the scenery, the orchids, and the $1.5 million the event raised for the MFAH, (Culturemap’s Shelby Hodge agrees in admiring the sumptuous decor for the party, but says is was $1.4 million).
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015