On Friday, New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art began began putting 600 catalogs, journals and museum bulletins, 368 of them out-of-print, online. Searchable by title, keyword, publication type, theme or collection, the resource, named MetPublications, increases access to art scholarship, even as its attractive pages and extensive preview feature may lure online sales of many still in-print titles. Available material dates to only the mid-1960s, but Met Director Thomas Campbell said publications going back to the museum’s founding in 1870 will be added over time.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015