On Friday, New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art began began putting 600 catalogs, journals and museum bulletins, 368 of them out-of-print, online. Searchable by title, keyword, publication type, theme or collection, the resource, named MetPublications, increases access to art scholarship, even as its attractive pages and extensive preview feature may lure online sales of many still in-print titles. Available material dates to only the mid-1960s, but Met Director Thomas Campbell said publications going back to the museum’s founding in 1870 will be added over time.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015