Dallas’ controversial Museum Tower began its uphill marketing struggle on Friday, with an open letter to “to our future residents, neighbors, art lovers and citizens of Dallas” in the Dallas Morning News. In the letter, the Dallas Police and Fire Pension System, the Tower’s owner, acknowledges the Tower’s glare problems saying, “it’s not uncommon for bold projects like Museum Tower to encounter an unexpected issue or two,” and claims to have “engaged the most prominent optical experts in North America to study this challenge. A team of architects, engineers, and material and construction experts evaluated more than 20 ideas. Today, the most promising potential solutions are undergoing exhaustive testing,” without making specific promises of action. The letter ends with an invitation to “Learn more about this exciting addition to the Dallas skyline and luxury living in the heart of the Dallas Arts District by logging on to www.MuseumTowerdallas.com.” The building is set to open in January 2013.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015