Dallas’ controversial Museum Tower began its uphill marketing struggle on Friday, with an open letter to “to our future residents, neighbors, art lovers and citizens of Dallas” in the Dallas Morning News. In the letter, the Dallas Police and Fire Pension System, the Tower’s owner, acknowledges the Tower’s glare problems saying, “it’s not uncommon for bold projects like Museum Tower to encounter an unexpected issue or two,” and claims to have “engaged the most prominent optical experts in North America to study this challenge. A team of architects, engineers, and material and construction experts evaluated more than 20 ideas. Today, the most promising potential solutions are undergoing exhaustive testing,” without making specific promises of action. The letter ends with an invitation to “Learn more about this exciting addition to the Dallas skyline and luxury living in the heart of the Dallas Arts District by logging on to www.MuseumTowerdallas.com.” The building is set to open in January 2013.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015