The ongoing confrontation between Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center and the new Museum Tower next door continues to flood the Dallas press with ink, some of it must-read material: Tim Rogers has an especially detailed and well-researched background of the problem in How Arrogance And Greed Made Museum Tower a Threat to The Heart of Dallas in last Friday’s D Magazine. While digging the dirt on the various developers and architects, he incidentally throws some on the Dallas Police & Fire Pension System, whose money financed the project when it all started to go wrong.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015