As a part of its new $50 million Performing Artsits Initiative, the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation is teaming up with Creative Capital to hand out 200 grants to performing artists. 100 individual artists, dance companies, theaters and presenters will receive big “leading artist” grants of up to $275,000, unrestricted, and not based on specific projects; another 100 “Arts Fellowships” will merely get up to $80,000. But don’t bother applying: the selection is to be made via peer recommendations and review panels. The money is from the Duke Foundation, Creative Capital will supply it’s expertise in managing the artists in order to maximize the grants’ effectiveness in fostering long-term exploration and research, needs typically unmet by traditional project-based support.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015