This evening, Thursday, October 13, sculptor Janine Antoni will be delivering the first of this season’s Core Program Lectures at the Glassell School’s Freed Auditorium at 7pm. Antoni achieved instant notoriety in 1992 with Gnaw, a 600 pund cube of chocolate that she chewed at, forming the gnawings into lipsticks. Combining PG-13 feminist body art with handsome materiality and lively spectacle has won her nearly every award that there is over the past twenty years.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015