The Museum of Fine Arts Houston has begun its switch to energy-saving LED lamps, installing 150 Toshiba A19’s in its Pre-Columbian Gallery and the exterior and lobby of its Caroline Wiess Law building. The museum expects to install more lamps in Cullinan Hall in October and the newly revamped Japan Gallery next year. A19 lamps can reduce energy consumption by as much as 85 percent compared to traditional bulbs, according to Toshiba International, their manufacturer.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015