The Museum of Fine Arts Houston has begun its switch to energy-saving LED lamps, installing 150 Toshiba A19’s in its Pre-Columbian Gallery and the exterior and lobby of its Caroline Wiess Law building. The museum expects to install more lamps in Cullinan Hall in October and the newly revamped Japan Gallery next year. A19 lamps can reduce energy consumption by as much as 85 percent compared to traditional bulbs, according to Toshiba International, their manufacturer.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015