The Art Museum of South Texas has sprouted a $140,000 solar array courtesy of Green Mountain Energy Co.The array was funded by customer donations to company’s Big Texas Sun Club and will allow the cash-strapped museum to reduce its energy bills by generating an estimated 30,000 kilowatt hours of electrical power annually. Austin-based Green Mountain likes art museums in sunny spots: Ballroom Marfa got their solar panels in 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015