Dallas Art News’ Michael Roman snatched 15-20 minutes to interview outgoing DMA director Bonnie Pitman on her successes, failures and the future of the museum in the 21st century. Relentlessly positive, Pitman crams pages of text into the brief interview, but fails to drop many startling insights, except to hints that she may return to practicing art, which she studied in college.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015