Electronic music artists Bonnie Jones & Suzanne Thorpe are going to be showing young women how to to build contact microphones and use them to turn everyday objects into instruments in a free workshop on Saturday, April 30 from 12-2 pm at labotanica, 2316 Elgin, Houston. The workshop is sponsored by Nameless Sound, labotanica & Girls Rock Camp Houston. Jones is currently a grad student at Bard College. Thorpe is a founding member of the band Mercury Rev. Both will be performing solo works at labotanica at 7pm Saturday evening.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015