Houston will host its Houston Pride Parade this Saturday, June 24, waaaay before Dallas’ “Lakewood Brewing Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade presented by T-Mobile” in mid-September and well before the Austin PRIDE 2017 Celebration in late August, but if you happen to be in Austin, you can show your pride by visiting Prizer Arts & Letters to see the exhibition of Homo Photo Club: Is Everyone OK But Me?
The Homo Photo Club has been around for a while and, in this exhibition, Deb Norris, Gretchen Phillips, and Beth Schindler use old-school cameras and real film. (Why? “Because we are lesbians and we love to process.”) The closing reception is June 29, 6-9pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017