Today, December 11, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dan Havel and Dean Ruck are hosting a backyard party for their temporary site-specific project Sharp. The artwork, which is located in the Houston suburb of Sharpstown, was created using a burned-out house that is set to be demolished by January 1, 2017. Robert Boyd wrote about this project for Glasstire—you can read that review here.
Today’s reception will feature musical guests The Cleaners—a band comprised of Ed Wilson, Tim Glover, Steve Murphy, Tony Freemantle, Joe Mancuso, and whoever else happens to show up. The day’s program will also feature screenings of Havel Ruck Projects’ videos. And as the flier states: bring something to throw on the BBQ—just make sure it’s enough to share!
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017