Today, December 11, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dan Havel and Dean Ruck are hosting a backyard party for their temporary site-specific project Sharp. The artwork, which is located in the Houston suburb of Sharpstown, was created using a burned-out house that is set to be demolished by January 1, 2017. Robert Boyd wrote about this project for Glasstire—you can read that review here.
Today’s reception will feature musical guests The Cleaners—a band comprised of Ed Wilson, Tim Glover, Steve Murphy, Tony Freemantle, Joe Mancuso, and whoever else happens to show up. The day’s program will also feature screenings of Havel Ruck Projects’ videos. And as the flier states: bring something to throw on the BBQ—just make sure it’s enough to share!
also by Glasstire
- Houston Gallerist Lloyd Gite is Bringing Cuban Art to Texas - January 23rd, 2017
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017