Today, December 11, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dan Havel and Dean Ruck are hosting a backyard party for their temporary site-specific project Sharp. The artwork, which is located in the Houston suburb of Sharpstown, was created using a burned-out house that is set to be demolished by January 1, 2017. Robert Boyd wrote about this project for Glasstire—you can read that review here.
Today’s reception will feature musical guests The Cleaners—a band comprised of Ed Wilson, Tim Glover, Steve Murphy, Tony Freemantle, Joe Mancuso, and whoever else happens to show up. The day’s program will also feature screenings of Havel Ruck Projects’ videos. And as the flier states: bring something to throw on the BBQ—just make sure it’s enough to share!
also by Glasstire
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017