Today, December 11, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dan Havel and Dean Ruck are hosting a backyard party for their temporary site-specific project Sharp. The artwork, which is located in the Houston suburb of Sharpstown, was created using a burned-out house that is set to be demolished by January 1, 2017. Robert Boyd wrote about this project for Glasstire—you can read that review here.
Today’s reception will feature musical guests The Cleaners—a band comprised of Ed Wilson, Tim Glover, Steve Murphy, Tony Freemantle, Joe Mancuso, and whoever else happens to show up. The day’s program will also feature screenings of Havel Ruck Projects’ videos. And as the flier states: bring something to throw on the BBQ—just make sure it’s enough to share!
also by Glasstire
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017