Today, December 11, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dan Havel and Dean Ruck are hosting a backyard party for their temporary site-specific project Sharp. The artwork, which is located in the Houston suburb of Sharpstown, was created using a burned-out house that is set to be demolished by January 1, 2017. Robert Boyd wrote about this project for Glasstire—you can read that review here.
Today’s reception will feature musical guests The Cleaners—a band comprised of Ed Wilson, Tim Glover, Steve Murphy, Tony Freemantle, Joe Mancuso, and whoever else happens to show up. The day’s program will also feature screenings of Havel Ruck Projects’ videos. And as the flier states: bring something to throw on the BBQ—just make sure it’s enough to share!
also by Glasstire
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: March 23, 2017 - March 23rd, 2017
- Here are your next Emojis! (T-Rex and Breastfeeding included) - March 22nd, 2017