For those of an age (somewhat-pre-conspiracy-theory), there were actual heroes to look up to. John Glenn, who died yesterday (December 8, 2016) at the age of 95, was one of those heroes. Texans, who can only mourn Glenn because of his ties to NASA, was a hero.
John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit Earth, completing three orbits in 1962. He also served as a U.S senator from Ohio. The modest man that he was, he had almost nothing to do with art, nor did his modesty inspire many artists. But here are a few images in his honor:
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017