For those of an age (somewhat-pre-conspiracy-theory), there were actual heroes to look up to. John Glenn, who died yesterday (December 8, 2016) at the age of 95, was one of those heroes. Texans, who can only mourn Glenn because of his ties to NASA, was a hero.
John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit Earth, completing three orbits in 1962. He also served as a U.S senator from Ohio. The modest man that he was, he had almost nothing to do with art, nor did his modesty inspire many artists. But here are a few images in his honor:
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017