For those of an age (somewhat-pre-conspiracy-theory), there were actual heroes to look up to. John Glenn, who died yesterday (December 8, 2016) at the age of 95, was one of those heroes. Texans, who can only mourn Glenn because of his ties to NASA, was a hero.
John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit Earth, completing three orbits in 1962. He also served as a U.S senator from Ohio. The modest man that he was, he had almost nothing to do with art, nor did his modesty inspire many artists. But here are a few images in his honor:
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017