This past week, Austin art organization Big Medium announced The Tito’s Prize, a new $15,000 award to be given to one lucky Austin-based artist. As you can probably guess, the award’s namesake is Austin’s very own Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and Big Medium is facilitating the prize.
In addition to the $15,000, the winning artist will receive “a solo exhibition during the 2017 East Austin Studio Tour in the Big Medium Gallery at Canopy.”
The award launches in 2017 and will be open to any artist living within a 20-mile radius of Austin. The winner will be selected by a four-member curatorial panel and is set to be announced in the summer of 2017. The curatorial panel includes artist Ana Esteve Llorens, director of the Glassell School of Art Joseph Havel, curator/artist Kevin McNamee-Tweed, and Mexico City-based Independent curator Bárbara Perea.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017
- Pump Project: The Latest Casualty of Austin's East Side Boom - November 18th, 2017