More and more famous people are dipping their toe into the art world to try and let their inner art flag fly. Earlier this year marked another art attempt by Renaissance man James Franco, last month we saw Kanye West make his gallery debut in Los Angeles, and just a few days ago we learned of Kendall Jenner’s desire to show her perspective on life through performance art.
Elsewhere, Hyperallergic reports that Golden Globe-winning actor Benedict Cumberbatch executed a dramatic reading of Sol LeWitt’s love letter to Eva Hesse during Letters Live, a London-based event celebrating “the enduring power of literary correspondence.”
And in the not-really-art category, it was also announced this week that The Taylor Swift Experience, a museum exhibition devoted entirely to pop music superstar Taylor Swift, will be opening at New York’s Grammy Museum on November 18. The show includes handwritten lyric sheets, costumes from Swift’s music videos, instruments, memorabilia from Swift’s childhood, and much more.
Which celebrity would you most like to see making art? We’re thinking Bono or Kristen Stewart or the guy who plays Quicksilver, but in the X-Men movies, not the Avengers movies. You? Feel free to share your thoughts below.
also by Glasstire
- Apply for DiverseWorks' 2017 Diverse Discourse Studio Visit Program - February 26th, 2017
- Houston Artist Nestor Topchy Wins National Reuse Contest - February 25th, 2017
- Texas Artist Develops Genius (and fun) New Art App for Your Phone - February 24th, 2017
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017