Chinati’s entire permanent collection as well as the special exhibitions will be open to the public, free of charge, Saturday and Sunday, October 7-9, from 10am-3pm. Related talks, sunrise viewing of works by Donald Judd and Robert Irwin, a citywide “Made in Marfa” event featuring local creative talent, and a music performance by Arto Lindsay are all free and open to the public as part of the celebration.
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016