Rainey Knudson and Brandon Zech on tin foil hats, stapling bananas to walls, and one artist’s Instagram followers.
1. Dan Lam: Coquette
Fort Works Art (Fort Worth)
August 2 – September 17
Opening August 6, 6-11PM
An exhibition of works by Dallas-based artist Dan Lam. The show will feature large-scale installation work along with Lam’s signature prickly, “drippy” sculptures.
2. Cameron Coffman: In Open Tabs
Not Gallery (Austin)
August 5 – September 17
Opening August 5, 7-10PM
An exhibition of works by Cameron Coffman. In the show, Coffman “questions how the mundane may represent the feeling of loss or longing around the disorder of the day-to-day.”
3. Conflict of Interest Volume One Release Party
grayduck gallery (Austin)
August 6, 7-10PM
An event celebrating the release of Conflict of Interest’s first book, featuring all articles, interviews, lists, and featured work published by the site between May 2015 and April 2016.
4. Jorge Alegría: Heaven
Rockport Center for the Arts
August 6 – September 3
Opening August 6, 5-7PM
An exhibition of works by Corpus Christi-based artist Jorge Alegría. The show will feature more than 20 new drawings.
5. Rebecca Marino: The Best Available Evidence
Art Palace (Houston)
July 8 – August 13
An exhibition of works by Austin-based artist Rebecca Marino. The works in the show are inspired by “a found document compiled to prove the existence and legitimacy of unidentified flying objects” and attempt to “play with the idea of proof and to question personal thresholds of belief.”
also by Glasstire
- Houston’s New Arts + Cultural Plan Needs Artists' Input - March 29th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary's Playboy Bunny is Outta Here - March 28th, 2017
- Who owns the better gimp mask? Nasher or DMA? - March 27th, 2017
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017