This past week, sculptor David Adickes installed a new work near the Silos in Houston. The piece, according to the Houston Chronicle, is designed to “mark the entrance to Art Alley at the Silos at Sawyer Yards at 1502 Sawyer.”
The work consists of stacked letters that proudly proclaim “ART.” These letters sit on a base that lists a number of master artists (Renoir, Picasso, Pollock, etc.) and then reads “YOUR NAME HERE.” This allows you, yes you, to be in the company of art world greatness. We saw it and assumed it was just a marker for SITE Houston, but apparently it itself is in fact art.
also by Glasstire
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017
- Donald Trump's Renoir Painting is a Fake - October 19th, 2017