This past week, sculptor David Adickes installed a new work near the Silos in Houston. The piece, according to the Houston Chronicle, is designed to “mark the entrance to Art Alley at the Silos at Sawyer Yards at 1502 Sawyer.”
The work consists of stacked letters that proudly proclaim “ART.” These letters sit on a base that lists a number of master artists (Renoir, Picasso, Pollock, etc.) and then reads “YOUR NAME HERE.” This allows you, yes you, to be in the company of art world greatness. We saw it and assumed it was just a marker for SITE Houston, but apparently it itself is in fact art.
also by Glasstire
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017