This past week, sculptor David Adickes installed a new work near the Silos in Houston. The piece, according to the Houston Chronicle, is designed to “mark the entrance to Art Alley at the Silos at Sawyer Yards at 1502 Sawyer.”
The work consists of stacked letters that proudly proclaim “ART.” These letters sit on a base that lists a number of master artists (Renoir, Picasso, Pollock, etc.) and then reads “YOUR NAME HERE.” This allows you, yes you, to be in the company of art world greatness. We saw it and assumed it was just a marker for SITE Houston, but apparently it itself is in fact art.
also by Glasstire
- Dallas Contemporary's Playboy Bunny is Outta Here - March 28th, 2017
- Who owns the better gimp mask? Nasher or DMA? - March 27th, 2017
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017