Last night, the Lawndale Art Center’s Big Show opened, which is normally when the winners of the show, selected by the guest juror, are announced. However this year’s guest juror, George Scheer, opted not to pick winners, but to to divide the $3,000 in cash awards amongst all 62 participating artists, meaning each artist in this year’s Big Show will take home $48.37.
No word yet on whether every artist will also get a trophy.
Scheer also awarded five “special distinction” awards to artists Allyson Huntsman, Amy Richards, Herbert Shapiro, Charles L. Thomas and Justin Zachary.
also by Glasstire
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017