The Irving Arts Center (a Smithsonian affiliate and home to two theaters, four galleries, meeting/classroom/reception/rehearsal facilities, and a sculpture garden) has announced that Todd Eric Hawkins has been named executive director, replacing outgoing 20-year director Richard Huff, reports the Dallas Morning News. Hawkins led the implementation of public arts programming in New York City, where he served as project manager for Public Art for Public Schools since 2008. He also served as co-chair of the Americans for the Arts Emerging Leaders Council.
Hawkins will start July 15 and Huff will retire August 1. There will be a public reception/retirement party on July 30, 4-6pm in the IAH’s Carpenter Hall lobby.
also by Paula Newton
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017
- S.A. Artists Receive $25K Joan Mitchell Grants - November 15th, 2017
- Art Put to Work: San Antonio Artist Makes a Solar Mural - November 14th, 2017
- Texas Artist Harry Geffert, 1934-2017 - November 13th, 2017