Another town hall meeting will be held to discuss the state of the arts on Saturday, May 2, at 11:30am at Houston’s El Dorado Ballroom. The City of Houston has held a few open meetings to aid in its creation of a new Arts and Cultural Plan before Mayor Parker leaves office. This meeting does not have the City’s name behind it but, instead, is hosted by Fresh Arts, Project Row Houses, DiverseWorks, Art League Houston, and Dance Source Houston. The folks behind the event want to make sure that artists’ voices are heard: “Our goal is to clarify and prioritize some of the most pressing needs for our independent artist community in an effort to better advocate for their consideration in the plan.”
The event’s Facebook page already has some conversation starters and plenty of opinions, so add your two cents online or at the El Dorado.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017