Another town hall meeting will be held to discuss the state of the arts on Saturday, May 2, at 11:30am at Houston’s El Dorado Ballroom. The City of Houston has held a few open meetings to aid in its creation of a new Arts and Cultural Plan before Mayor Parker leaves office. This meeting does not have the City’s name behind it but, instead, is hosted by Fresh Arts, Project Row Houses, DiverseWorks, Art League Houston, and Dance Source Houston. The folks behind the event want to make sure that artists’ voices are heard: “Our goal is to clarify and prioritize some of the most pressing needs for our independent artist community in an effort to better advocate for their consideration in the plan.”
The event’s Facebook page already has some conversation starters and plenty of opinions, so add your two cents online or at the El Dorado.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Curator Snagged by Oklahoma - October 23rd, 2017
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017