Texas Christian University in Fort Worth has hired a curator for its satellite gallery, Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, for the 2014-15 academic year. Sara-Jayne Parsons is coming to Fort Worth from her position as Exhibitions Curator at the Bluecoat in Liverpool, England, a non-profit contemporary community arts center. This is something of a Texas homecoming for her, however, since prior to her post overseas, Parsons was Assistant Director at the UNT Art Galleries, and received her MFA from UNT in 1996.
Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, a space on the edge of the university campus, is dedicated to curated exhibitions of regional and international art, and some student exhibitions. It’s beginning its seventh year of programming. Parsons starts this month.
also by Christina Rees
- A Short Meditation On Louis C.K. - February 9th, 2016
- One is a Magic Number - February 3rd, 2016
- We're All In This Together, Naked - January 26th, 2016
- Valhalla Rising: The Dallas Contemporary's Redemptive Moment - January 19th, 2016
- Heads Up: Celia Eberle Has a Show Up Right Now - January 15th, 2016