Texas Christian University in Fort Worth has hired a curator for its satellite gallery, Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, for the 2014-15 academic year. Sara-Jayne Parsons is coming to Fort Worth from her position as Exhibitions Curator at the Bluecoat in Liverpool, England, a non-profit contemporary community arts center. This is something of a Texas homecoming for her, however, since prior to her post overseas, Parsons was Assistant Director at the UNT Art Galleries, and received her MFA from UNT in 1996.
Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, a space on the edge of the university campus, is dedicated to curated exhibitions of regional and international art, and some student exhibitions. It’s beginning its seventh year of programming. Parsons starts this month.
also by Christina Rees
- Matthew Cusick at Holly Johnson Gallery, Dallas - October 7th, 2015
- But When You Talk About Destruction - September 29th, 2015
- What It’s Like to Fall in Love with Seymour Fogel - September 22nd, 2015
- Bruce Conner's Breakaway - September 16th, 2015
- In Bloom - September 8th, 2015