Texas Christian University in Fort Worth has hired a curator for its satellite gallery, Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, for the 2014-15 academic year. Sara-Jayne Parsons is coming to Fort Worth from her position as Exhibitions Curator at the Bluecoat in Liverpool, England, a non-profit contemporary community arts center. This is something of a Texas homecoming for her, however, since prior to her post overseas, Parsons was Assistant Director at the UNT Art Galleries, and received her MFA from UNT in 1996.
Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, a space on the edge of the university campus, is dedicated to curated exhibitions of regional and international art, and some student exhibitions. It’s beginning its seventh year of programming. Parsons starts this month.
also by Christina Rees
- Video: Minor Turkish Threat - May 25th, 2016
- I met this gorgeous cool dude today. - May 24th, 2016
- Jules Buck Jones Designed the Poster for ACL 2016 - May 24th, 2016
- Mark Flood at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston - May 15th, 2016
- Everything is Copy - April 26th, 2016