Houston artist Jon Hopson is opening a new commercial gallery space in Houston this summer. Hello Project will be located within the venerable McMurtrey Gallery‘s former project and storage space. Hopson plans to primarily feature artists with limited previous exhibition experience and no gallery representation. There won’t be much overlap between the programming at McMurtrey and Hello Project, and openings at the new space will not be held the same night as the legendary white wine open container “Gallery Walks” on Colquitt Street.
Hello Project will will open on July 18 with SUMMER PARTY, a group show featuring Alika Herreshoff, Angel Oloshove, Michelle Rawlings, James Scheuren and Carlos Rosales-Silva. Look for the Good Dog Houston hotdog truck, with beer by Karbach Brewery. (Follow the space’s physical transformation, including lighting, paint and floor epoxy here!)
also by Rainey Knudson
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016
- A Conversation With Dave Hickey - September 11th, 2016
- What Statement is the MFAH Making with “Statements”? - September 9th, 2016
- Exit Interview: Claudia Schmuckli - August 30th, 2016
- Meow Wolf: Dawn Of A New Art World - August 14th, 2016