The big Oscars party in Fort Worth takes place at The Modern tomorrow night, complete with red carpet. It’s not quite the same as Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre, but that takes the pressure off. There are less paparazzi and attendees can dress up, dress down or dress in costumes inspired by the nominated films. This year, that means there are a lot of possibilities in the back of the closet for some cheesy eighties outfits, or just pull out that old spacesuit. Prizes will be awarded throughout the evening.
The sixth annual Oscar Watching Party will not be issuing any advanced ticketing this year to the free event, so arrive early. Doors open at 6 pm and, beginning at 7 pm, the broadcast will be shown live via satellite in Café Modern and in the Modern’s auditorium.
also by Paula Newton
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017
- Spooky Springtime History in the Panhandle - March 15th, 2017