David Rubin, San Antonio Museum of Art (SAMA)’s Brown Foundation Curator of Contemporary Art, submitted his letter of resignation on Tuesday effective immediately, reports the San Antonio Express-News.
Rubin joined SAMA in 2006 after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, where he had been serving as the Contemporary Arts Center’s Curator of Visual Arts for almost seven years. At SAMA, Rubin has been responsible for the permanent collection, exhibitions, as well as programming such as the popular Artist Conversation Series.
If there is any more to the “effective immediately” resignation, it doesn’t look like it will come from the museum. “David has contributed so much to this museum,” states SAMA Director Katie Luber, “and I think he’s decided to pursue some other options and looking for some other great possibilities to further his desire to support the local artists in this community,” The museum does not expect to have a replacement in place until January of next year.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016