One would think that artists in a university town would be sick of classes after finishing up five or ten years of art school, but after a few years away from it, some artists actually miss that atmosphere. The Contemporary Austin is offering free “professional development opportunities” in the form of three classes to allow artists to revive the experience. For the excitement of creative growth and the agony of self-doubt, there’s the small-scale “Crit Group.” To hear the ideas of smart curators and arts professionals (and the possibility of studio visits with them), there’s the “Visiting Lecture Series.” And, to learn how to fund your work (okay, few artists ever learned that in school), there’s a “Creative Capital Workshop.”
All are free, pending application acceptance; check links for early-mid January application deadlines.
also by Paula Newton
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016