One would think that artists in a university town would be sick of classes after finishing up five or ten years of art school, but after a few years away from it, some artists actually miss that atmosphere. The Contemporary Austin is offering free “professional development opportunities” in the form of three classes to allow artists to revive the experience. For the excitement of creative growth and the agony of self-doubt, there’s the small-scale “Crit Group.” To hear the ideas of smart curators and arts professionals (and the possibility of studio visits with them), there’s the “Visiting Lecture Series.” And, to learn how to fund your work (okay, few artists ever learned that in school), there’s a “Creative Capital Workshop.”
All are free, pending application acceptance; check links for early-mid January application deadlines.
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016