Guccifer is at it again. The hacker, who complicated most people’s very set opinions about George W. Bush by releasing images of his newfound painting practice, has now posted drawings by Bill Clinton on Gawker. Guccifer recently hacked into a folder in the Clinton Library called “wjcdrawings” and found some gems.
If W’s folksy paintings evoke the sincerity of an enthusiastic undergrad art student, Clinton’s drawings have the annoying, nonchalant charm of a slacker grad student. The casual doodles have the requisite obvious jokes (the UN fry cook drawing next to notes about sanctions against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia [FRY]) and baffling metaphors (Is he equating the American flag to a brick wall?).
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017