Fresh Arts’ Annual Winter Holiday Art Market (WHAM) gets bigger every year and there is only one week left for artists to apply to participate in this year’s late November juried event. Table space goes to the usual crafters (both artisan and peculiar), but many painters, photographers, and printmakers also participate, as well as the occasional fun oddity like Bill’s Junk.
On the Fresh Arts web page with the WHAM information and application form, they also list average sales for the past four years. Last year’s average was a record-breaking $1,320 for three long days of work—not exactly making art moguls, but might be worth the party atmosphere and the exposure.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016
- Mel Chin Raises Funds for Film About Climate Change (with an Inuit Hunter and Poodles in Paris) - May 18th, 2016